Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Highlights of History



I don't know if anybody is reading my posts or not, but if they are, they (you) should pay particular attention to this one. Every year around new Year's day, Hugh Hewitt posts his six-hour conversation from 2002 with Dr. Larry Arnn, President of Hillsdale College, free to download (website listed below). They discuss the highlights of Western history, and the conversation is intended to be a sampler for people to find things they would like to learn more about. Dr. Arnn is a neat guy, and so is Hugh Hewitt. By "neat" I mean in this case that they are good, smart, wise, and worth listening to. I listened to the whole thing last year when I was painting part of my house. It was so good I think I'll listen every year. It's a really worthwhile experience for anybody who likes history and would like to know what it means to be Western in terms of ideas and outlook. You can listen or get the podcast at :http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/talkradio/Show.aspx?RadioShowID=5

No comments: